SYNAGOGENSTANDORT

Die 1703 erbaute Synagoge stand an der Ecke zur Kleine Mauerstraße (bis 1935 Synagogenstraße). 1908 vereinigte sich die jüdische Gemeinde Kronbergs mit der Königsteins und gab die Synagoge auf. Das in schlechtem Zustand befindliche Gebäude wurde 1926 verkauft und abgerissen. Für die im Lauf der
Zeiten mehr oder weniger jüdischen Einwohner war die Eichenstraße ein bevorzugter Wohnort. Hier befand sich auch die vor einigen Jahren wiederentdeckte Mikwe.

SITE OF THE SYNAGOGE

The synagogue, built in 1703, was located at the corner of Mauerstraße/Kleine Mauerstraße (called Synagogenstraße until 1935). In 1908, the Jewish parish of Kronberg, which had become too small, merged with the parish of Königstein and abandoned the synagogue. The building, which was in a state of disrepair, passed into the ownership of the town, and was sold and demolished in 1926. Eichenstraße was a much sought-after place to live for the Jewish citizens, whose population fluctuated over the course of time. A couple of years ago a mikvah was rediscovered at this site.

Menü